Day -6 - Diet Plan and 1 Recipe to try
Good Afternoon friends!
No-Fry Potato chips
- 2 - large Potato/ yellow gold/ white or red
- Spices of your choice - 1 to 2 tsp
- Oil - 1 to 2 tbsp
- Salt/ Sendha Namak to taste
Steps to prepare chips:
- If the potatoes are new and have good skins, no need to peel, just wash them well, and then slice them thin. I used a Mandolin.
- Place potato slices in a bowl, cover with cold water and let it sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove potato slices onto a paper towel and pat it dry.
- Pour some oil and sprinkle with your choice of herbs or spices or just leave them plain.
- Then place the sliced potatoes flat on the tray/rack in a single layer/use a microwave safe casserole dish.
- Microwave on high for 5 minutes or until they curl slightly and are a very light brown in color
- Cooking time could vary slightly, depending on the wattage of your microwave and the thickness of the slices of potato.
- The thinner the slices, the quicker they cook and the tastier they are.