-It is preferable to lightly roast and then cold press the flaxseeds before being freshly ground for consumption in powder form.
- This shall help to deliver the additional nutritional benefits of the alpha-linolenic acid (ALA)
- An Omega-3 fatty acid important in maintaining good cardiovascular health - Higher ALA is generally associated with a decreased risk of heart diseases.
- The concentration of inflammation fighting/Cholesterol-reducing lignin’s and the fiber from the seed helps in weight loss as well .
FLAXSEEDS HELP TO:
• Reduce blood levels of cholesterol - including the so called” bad” LDL-Cholesterol
• Decrease blood levels of triglycerides , another potential risk factor for heart disease
• Slows absorption of sugar from food, slowing blood sugar spikes during digestion
• Increase blood levels of EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid), the Omega-3 fatty acid that boosts mood and fights inflammation.
• Relieves constipation.
• Maintains a healthy ratio of estrogen to progesterone during the menstrual cycle in pre –menopausal women
• Helps manage physiological and mental stress
• Helps treat depression.
• Some research suggests that omega-3s may help protect against Alzheimer's disease and dementia, and have a positive effect on gradual memory loss linked to ageing
• Can curb rheumatoid arthritis stiffness and joint pain. Omega-3 supplements also seem to boost the effectiveness of anti-inflammatory drugs.
• DHA (docosahexaenoic acid) appears to be important for visual and neurological development in infants and baby development.
A Dietician consultation can be a good way to find a best way and learn about consumption of fats with rationale and fine tune your eating habits for a positive shift in health status.
Tip of the Day – You can add the roasted powdered seeds-1/2 a spoon to you curds, dal or roti or just chew roasted seeds 1 spoon after your meals or accompany it with the mid meal fruit you take .
Priyanka Khandelwal’s Diet Planet – the Online Diet Clinic is just a Click away to help you!!!
I am happy to address any Q’s you may have to lead a healthy lifestyle!!!